Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Home Owner

I recently purchased my  first home,  a two bedroom town house. I thought my blog would be a more visually friendly space to share photos than Facebook. I knew when I purchased the house that I wanted to make a few changes before moving in. I decided to get the interior professionally painted, new carpet in the bedrooms, vinyl planks in the lounge (hopefully), and the tiles and grouting cleaned. I would also like to change the big round lights in the living room (which collect bugs). Ideally, I would like to get new curtains too.

The photos with furniture and 'reddish' carpet were taken with my not-so-photo-friendly Nokia phone the first time I inspected the house. They therefore have the previous tenants furniture in them. The photos without furniture were taken once the tenant had vacated and the carpet had been ripped up.

  
View from the front door entrance. Down the hall, first door on the right, is the laundry, second door on the right is the toilet. The door straight down the hall is the second bedroom. Turn left down the hallway and on the left is the linen closet, on the right is the bathroom, and straight ahead is the master bedroom.  



Lounge room.

 

Lounge room (I'd like to get vinyl planks in the lounge).


Lounge room.


Kitchen to the left, lounge room to the right. You can also see the (opened) door to the double garage.


Dining area. The sliding glass door opens to the backyard.

 

Dining area. Kitchen on the right.
 

Kitchen.


The kitchen cabinets are a very light shade of mustard (I considered painting the cabinets white but painting over laminate is costly and the paint chips easily).



Master Bedroom.



Master Bedroom.

 

The bathroom is situated in-between the master bedroom and second bedroom. There are two entrances to the bathroom - a sliding door in the master (used to take this pic) and a door in the hallway.


Bathroom

 

Linen closet (opposite the bathroom). You can see the door to the master bedroom on the right. 



Second Bedroom.


Second bedroom


Second bedroom (great shelving in both bedrooms!)

 

Laundry. Outside the door is a cemented area with a clothes line.


 
View from the second bedroom. On the left is the toilet and laundry, to the right is the linen closet (seen in the picture), bathroom and master bedroom. Down the hall is the door to the garage (white), front door (wooden), and living area to the right.

No comments:

Post a Comment