Sunday, August 18, 2013

Painting in Progress

On Tuesday it will be two weeks since painting started. The house looks so much brighter now and I am really happy with the paint colours I chose (especially the architraves).

Paint Colours:
Walls (living area, kitchen, hallway, laundry, toilet, bathroom and garage wall): Dulux Fair Bianca Half
Architraves (living area, kitchen, hallway, laundry, toilet, bathroom and garage wall): Dulux Hog Bristle Quarter
Ceilings (throughout house): Ceiling White
Both Bedroom Walls: Dulux Hog Bristle (full strength)
Bedroom Architraves: Dulux Antique White

         All photos on the left are before paint           All photos on the right show painting in progress


Hallway.
The photo on the right was taken late at night with little lighting so the walls look much darker.


Dining area. My lounge suite arrived last week and is waiting patiently in my kitchen. 

 

Lounge room. So much paint!

 

Choosing Vinyl Planks for the Lounge:
 I looked at about 20 samples of vinyl planks, which meant quite a few trips to carpet/floor stores. Pictured is the last lot of samples I borrowed. Finally, after weeks of struggling to find a shade that would look nice with my tiles, I found 'the one'. Special thanks to Laura, Carmel and Mum for helping me find and choose the right one.

 

Meet, the chosen one. Also a nice close up of the quarter Hog Bristle architraves.

 

Entrance to the Master Bedroom. Linen closet on the left and bathroom on the right.


Master bedroom in Hog Bristle.


Second Bedroom, also in Hog Bristle.


Hallway.

No comments:

Post a Comment